Thursday, November 19, 2009

Tienes los ojos en la ... karaoke?

Browsing a frequent favourite, Timchin, for something new and fresh to write about, I came across some pictures that showed enthusiastic guests at what looks like a well-attended wedding busting out what I can only imagine to be bona-fide karaoke tunes, solo and in groups.

Being a huge karaoke lover myself, I immediately thought, "Wow. What a great way to get my guests involved in the party without either forcing them to dance or suffering through their alternately white-washed and inappropriate speeches. I have friends who LOVE to sing - I would TOTALLY do this."

Agree with me or disagree with me. I like the idea of karaoke at weddings - in small segments, of course.


It is NOT okay for a straight couple to get married at a gay karaoke bar in Pasadena and call it an "offbeat wedding," as this couple did. I mean, it probably was offbeat, in a literal way - rhythm is the first thing to go on karaoke night. It was most certainly NOT, however, an offbeat wedding: "three-ring circus" might be the better way to put it.

Plus, do you really want 38,000 people tuning into among the most meaningful experiences in your life just for the novelty of your approach?

Who-oa-oa, what's love got to do
got to do with it?


No comments:

Post a Comment