Friday, September 4, 2009

Decadence: A Tripartite Conversation With Readers

Dear Readers,

Recently, celia and I found this:


and much conversation ensued.


Readers: What is it?

CCB: It's a center-piece

celia (at the same time): It's the wedding cake.

Readers: huh?

CCB: huh?

celia: huh?

CCB: Doesn't it look like a center-piece to you? Like, I mean, instead of a large floral arrangement, this couple went with several smaller ones and a baked (and iced and frosted) good.

celia: Yeah, you're right, but I think it's also supposed to be the wedding cake? Like every table gets one, and when it's time for dessert, they just cut it up for themselves, no?

CCB: Now that I think about it, I think you're right.

Readers: huh?

CCB: Yeah. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

celia: Yeah, I don't know ... I mean, it's kind of plain and boring to start off with.

CCB: I mean, it's definitely very convenient, and I kind of like that it's DIY - I like audience participation at big events ... and in general.

celia: and it's kind of cute that each table gets its own mini-wedding cake ... like it really makes the guests part of the experience.

CCB: I agree. But what happens if your guests attack it before dessert?


celia: Are your guests starving douches?

CCB: Maybe my guests are starving douches.

celia: oy. I don't know ...

CCB: So, backburner this idea?

celia: let's open it up to discussion.

Readers: huh?

Hate it or love it?
Vote now.

Thanks to everyone who voted last week: 100% of you HATED engagement rings for men. Yay feminism!

1 comment:

  1. Several thoughts...

    Firstly: can't the cake go bad sitting there for so many hours before dessert?

    Secondly: cute idea but I would have put some more decorations on it perhaps the table number in order to give it purpose.

    Thirdly: I would so be at the table where the guest's eat the cake before its time for dessert lol.

    Finally: hygene? Is it smart leaving the cake out in the open for things to fall on it, drinks spilled on it and later eaten? hmmm??

    ReplyDelete