Sunday, January 31, 2010

Can You Feel the Love Tonight?

Bride: Alright girls, let's talk dresses.
BMs: Ok.
Bride: You know what I haven't seen in the past decade and that I think would be a nice throwback to 2000, when Johnny and I met?
BMs: No, tell us.
Bride: TWO-PIECE DRESSES.
BMs: NICE!
BM1: I think I might still have mine from prom.
Bride: Really? What does it look like?


BM1: Well, it's short, because I was pretty rebellious in those days, and the skirt is like a chiffony thing in sage, but the top is ... wait for it ... TWO-TONED!
BM2: Two-toned? Seriously? Was one of them sage?
BM1: No! Peach and cream - I was clever like that.
BM2: Of course.
Bride: How did you keep the continuity with the skirt, then?
BM1: I added a little green bow around the waist. It looked nice.
Bride: Ok. Done and done. Any dissent from the peanut gallery?
BM2: Well, I don't know ... I mean, seriously? Like, sage is not my best colour but I'm willing to live with it. But are two tones even necessary in the bodice?
Bride: I'm trying to save us all a little money. Mary already has her dress ...
BM2: Ok, ok, fine.
BM3: Plus, this way, we get to wear each part over and over again. Like you can just wear the skirt again if you want ... or just the bodice.
BM2: Right. That's very likely to happen.
BM4: You know what else I was thinking?
Bride: What?
BM4: If we are going to go with a prom theme, we might as well use organza ribbons to keep the bouquets together.


Bride: Oh my God, I LOVE that idea. You know what really ticks me off, though?
BM3: What?
Bride: My fiancé's mother is insisting on wearing a spiderweb over her dress. It's gonna ruin all our pictures.


BM3: You can't talk her out of it?
Bride: I tried. No luck.
BM3: It's ok. At least we'll all look nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment