Friday, January 22, 2010

Is the wedding dress the new LBD?


The 2010 Golden Globes' Red Carpet was beyond enjoyable - but not for the fashion. This year, it rained and rained and rained some more, which meant that all the lady celebrities had to not only try and keep their dresses dry, but attempt to look good while posing with/under an umbrella. The horror!

Anyways, here is Kate Hudson doing her thing. Why is she on WB, you ask? Well, she's wearing a wedding dress. And I'm not just saying that because she's in an elaborate white gown. No no. It's ACTUALLY a wedding dress. From the Marchesa Bridal Spring 2010 Collection.


Don't get me wrong. I LOVE me some Marchesa. And the dress is quite beautiful - structural, modern. But, seriously? You're telling me you couldn't find anything to wear that was just as pretty and maybe NOT a wedding dress?

Although, now that I think about it - why not? Why don't we all just start wearing wedding gowns in our everyday life? Throw a party - wear a wedding dress. Attend a cocktail party - wear a wedding dress. Have a business meeting - wear a wedding dress. Let's make this happen.

Lastly, this is the second time Ms. Kate Hudson appears on WB in a wedding dress and not on her wedding day. You think she's hinting at something? Well the first time she was married she wore this bad boy:


This was a winter wedding in Aspen. I get the look she was going for, and she does look great. But this is a very specific look so I understand why she would want to try (and try) again.

So I guess the big question should be : why am I making excuses for Kate Hudson?

No comments:

Post a Comment