Wednesday, June 9, 2010

That's Bawlmer, Hon

Tracie: Hey, honey, Chelsea just sent me her pictures from our wedding - wanna see?

James: Sure.

Tracie: Ok, these are not in order ... oh! What a pretty shot of the Baltimore Museum of Industry. You know, I'm glad we listened to that woman at the bridal expo and had the reception here - it's such a staple of the city.

James: It is.

Tracie: Didn't cost that much, either.

James: Nope.

Tracie: Your parents look so happy.


James: I don't think they noticed the Natty Bo place-card at their table.

Tracie: You know I love your parents, but they're a bit of a bore. There's nothing wrong with Natty Bo. He's a Baltimore staple, too.

James: He sure is. I'm sure Jen and Stacey loved the aesthetic - seems right up their alley.

Tracie: What is that supposed to mean?

James: Nothing, baby. Which is which?

Tracie: What do you mean?

James: I mean, which one is Stacey?

Tracie: The MAN! The MAN is Stacey.

James: Right. It's a very manly name. Jen, I think, really pulls off blue-collar 50s chic here, bull-style nose-ring and all.

Tracie: Are you making fun of my friends? Of OUR friends?

James: No! I like her hair ... it's a nice colour. She matches our décor.

Tracie: You're an asshole.

James: Hey, at least my friends came looking normal.


Tracie: Just because Tyler's wearing a shirt and tie doesn't mean he looks normal. Would it have killed him to shave and get a haircut? Oh, I suppose he might have if his easy-breezy beautiful granola-licking girlfriend had decided, for once, to do something with her own hair other than sweep it up into the same ponytail she wears home from the gym.

James: That's my sister. You put her in the wedding party.

Tracie: Yeah, and she's also the one who convinced me to wear this napkin on my head and this horrible plastic ring and mismatched earrings. What was I thinking listening to her?


James: The flowers in your hair are pretty.

Tracie: Are you changing the subject?

James: No, babe - just focusing on the positive.

Tracie: When do you go back to work?

James: We JUST got to Jamaica.

Tracie: It's gonna be a long honeymoon ...

No comments:

Post a Comment