Monday, June 14, 2010

Take Point


This morning, I was pleased to find out that two friends from high school got married this weekend and had a wedding that actually didn't bore me to tears.

And when I'm feeling particularly pleased, I like to award people points.

(please note, dear readers, that when I'm in a sour mood points are taken away left and right. consider yourselves warned.)

+ 3 points go to the bride.

Birdcage veil? That'll get you one big ol' point. Non-traditional bridal hair? Nice! Here's another. Intriguing choice of dress? Uno! The dress has an interesting shape, and I like the two brooches. I also like the one-strap, which falls nicely in the back, along with the train (see below). I might like the back even more than the front. The fabric of the dress kills my soul a little - I hate satin, so I definitely wouldn't choose it for my wedding dress. But, I'll let it slide because the dress works and really suits the bride's personality.


























































+1 points go to the MOH.

Tie dye? Risky move, but I think I like it (so pretty! so bright! so different!) - along with the detailing around the neck and chest: + 1. Brightly colored bouquet? Why not? I could have done with less pink flowers, but it does make the bouquet less "matchy-matchy": + 1. Unflattering fit of the dress? Unless she's prego (she may be??): - 1. No one wants to wear a sack.


+ 4 points go to the pooch.

Dog, in a tie, walking down the isle with the newly married couple? I die. Photos show that he was up there during the entire ceremony! Sold.

No comments:

Post a Comment