Saturday, August 29, 2009

Your Spanish Lullabye?

Dear Mom,

So, you know how I was having a hard time deciding on a theme for the wedding? Well I just got back from Spain TOTALLY inspired: I'm gonna go "La isla bonita", you know, like the Madonna video? Anyway, so obviously, my dress will have to be covered in Spanish lace. Now for my girls, well, ok, so there's a whole thought process behind this. First of all, I thought we could put their hair in side-swept up-dos and stick these bejewelled satin rosettes in their coifs. THEN I thought we could use that same style of rosette on their dresses! Like as a single side-strap type of thing ... I picture most of the girls in floor-length, straight-cut numbers with a small ruffle trail in the back, but I think maybe the Jr. bridesmaids should be in something a little younger and more fun ... so, like, maybe we could have a ruffled skirt for them, all the way around. What do you think?



I'm not completely sold on colur yet, but I think terra cotta would look really nice against our Italian countryside estate. Yes?



Also, ok, I know this sounds a little weird, but I can't stop hearing from friends who have been in bridal parties that all the bridesmaids really want to keep their bouquets from the wedding, but just can't find the right technique to freeze or preserve them. That sucks for them. I mean, mine I'm going to have cryogenically frozen and then steamed shut (or something like that ... my flourist friend told me all about how to do it), but I can't do that for everyone, right? So instead, I thought we could just again use those same rosettes in a BOUQUET! The Jr. bridesmaids will only get one each, and the older girls might get two or three that they can keep forever! Think of the memories!

Is it too much? I mean, there will be eight girls in total, so that's a lot of rosettes, but I think it could really work. I love rosettes! Who doesn't?

Anyway, I'd love your feedback, so let me know what you think.

So excited!
CCB

No comments:

Post a Comment