Sunday, July 4, 2010

I Do (Mean Business)



So, I wasn't completely sold on this dress when I first saw it. It's certainly cute, but it's a little ... business-lunch for me. Am I wrong? The slate grey, the structured A-line, the high neck, the stiff(ish) fabric ....

(and no, she is not wearing a cape, and yes, I wondered if that's what that yellow stuff behind her was at first, too. If ONLY it were a cape; it's nothing but a very anti-climactic tablecloth.)

Then I scrolled down (to what unexpectedly became the opposite of a "scroll-down fug"):


And fell a little bit in love.

(The shoes! Oh, the shoes!)

Let's not exaggerate. I'm not thinking about asking this outfit to marry me next month. I have to get to know it a little better before I can take the plunge, but I'm willing to do that, now. I'm willing to get to know it a little bit better, because it showed me that it had a more interesting side: one that is satin and yellow, and full of summer fun!

Everyone (with cute shoes) deserves a second chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment