Friday, July 23, 2010

Saved by the Bell: The College Years

"Get to the chapel before the bell rings ..."

(Jessie sits in the common room, reading. Margot enters barefoot from next door.)

Jessie: Hey, I thought you were studying ... don't you have your big Cal final tomorrow?
Margot: Yeah ... I needed a break.
Jessie: I hear ya. Hey, cute dress -- is that what you're wearing to the costume party next week?
Margot: Huh?
Jessie: 5th floor New Rez is throwing a costume party next Friday and all of Douglas is invited. Are you going?
Margot: I hadn't thought of it, but maybe ...
Jessie: Oh. Well, I thought you were trying that dress on for the party. Are you gonna wear your hair that way??

Margot: I mean, I don't know ... I'm actually on my way out right now ... I guess I'll think about it later?
Jessie: OOOOOOH! Where are you going?
Margot: To my wedding.


Jessie: TO YOUR WEDDING? YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED?
Margot: Yeah, I thought you knew.
Jessie: I didn't know. Well, congratulations! Can I see your ring?
Margot: Well actually, the ring is just an heirloom -- it used to be my great-grandmother's and I'm wearing it for good luck. Rob proposed with this animal bracelet, though.

Jessie: ooooooooooh - did you get the farm animals or the domestic animals?
Margot: This one is a cat.
Jessie: My eight year-old cousin has a bunch of these ... they're super cool.
Margot: Yeah, all of 3rd floor is wearing them ... I think they're trendy now or something.
Jessie: Yeah.
Margot: Ok, well, gotta run. See you next week, maybe. Have fun at the party if I don't end up going.
Jessie: I will! Have fun at the wedding! OMG, I can't believe you're getting MARRIED!
Margot: I know, right?

1 comment:

  1. This is hilarious!!!! On top of eveything what's with the ugly glasses?!?!?!
    where do you find these people?!?!

    ReplyDelete